Gas analysis in the pressure range of up to 1,000 hPa
The next generation in efficient solution for gas analysis. Intelligent software. Easy operation. Compact design. Customization possible.
Today, mass spectrometry is one of the most widely used analytical methods for identifying chemical elements and compounds. With the OmniStar and ThermoStar benchtop analysis systems, Pfeiffer Vacuum offers you two optimum complete solutions for gas analysis, in particular in connection with chemical processes, in the semiconductor industry, metallurgy, fermentation, catalysis, freeze drying and environmental analysis.
The OmniStar and ThermoStar analysis systems consist of inlet system, PrismaPro mass spectrometer, a dry-compressing MVP diaphragm vacuum pump and HiPace turbopump. They feature a heated, temperature-regulated gas inlet system and, by comparison with such competing methods as FTIR and IR, are suitable for qualitative and quantitative analysis of gases. The gas inlet is quipped with a capillary that can be heated to 350°C; this capillary is made of stainless steel in the OmniStar and of quartz glass in the ThermoStar. The heated capillary prevents vapors from condensing during analysis of the sample gas. This 2-stage inlet enables a quasi segregation-free gas supply.
- Qualitative and quantitative gas analysis, connection port for calibration gas inlet systems
- Low detection limit (< 100 ppb), even for condensable gases
- Compact, easy-to-operate analysis unit with 7“ colored touch screen or Web User Inferface
- Heated capillary inlet, up to 350°C
- Bakeable all-metal sealed high vacuum chamber for low backgrounds
- Customized versions possible, e.g. pressure controlled inlet, special inlet systems, special housing designs
- Mass ranges of 1 to 100 u, 1 to 200 u and 1 to 300 u
- Fast, reliable and precise measurement of covalent noble gases
- Soft Ionization option (15 – 100 eV)
- Compact and portable (approx. 23 kg total weight)
- Low gas consumption (1 – 2 sccm)
- Fast measuring time (up to 1 ms/u dwell time)
- Freeze drying
- Chemical processes
- Semiconductor industry
- Environmental analysis
- Fuel cell analysis
At Pfeiffer Vacuum, support goes far beyond good presales advice. Even after implementation, we stand ready to support you in connection with any and all questions relating to your application!